NEPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series

Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series

Post  jmccoy41 Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm

The Sumter Enduro Riders Motorcycle Association is proud to again be hosting Round 1 of the AMA NEPG National Enduro Series. Please take a few minutes to read a letter from our club President, Mr. Jim Fairey:

Powersports Grafx, or simply known as PG, is our presenting sponsor for the 40th Annual Sumter National Enduro. The Pro purse will be a minimum of $2500.00

The entry form is now available on our website at www.sermaclub.com. This can be mailed or performed on line and paid through PayPal.

A drawing will be held on December 15th of the National Enduro and Junior Enduro pre-entries received by that date for a Club Leatt Brace (retail value $395), sponsored by Extreme Sports Yamaha of Sumter, SC and the SERMA Club. The winner will be notified on our website. We can even ship it to you in time for Christmas. The intent is to get the entries in early as we will have a cut off at 600 riders this year per the NEPG’s and the SC Foretry Commission's requests. If we have all pre-entries, sign up will be simple and flow smoothly. So get your entries in early and have a chance at a Leatt Brace.

Per the NEPG, Row choice will be by post mark.

The entry form also contains an order form for the event T shirt. Last years shirt was an early sell out so we are going to allow pre- ordering. You will have a voucher in your rider pack and you can pick up your pre-paid shirt. There will be limited supply on hand besides the pre-sold shirts so get your order in with the entry form. T shirts will also be available for purchase on our website through January 15. We are taking the shirts off the website early due to the last minute rush as the event nears. We will also have a picture of this year’s shirt on the website as soon as the artwork is complete.

You can also pre-enter for the Saturday Junior Enduro by completing the same entry form. The Junior will be held at the club location, so you will not need to move to a different location like the October Event. Normal Junior classes will be used and the course will be a Hare Scramble type event where laps are used instead of a long course where the finish is away from the club. This was done in the interest of safety for the riders. Please try to get your entries in so we can make sure we have trophies for everyone and this also helps us with the prizes given to the kids. All Junior entries received prior to December 15 will be included in the drawing for the Leatt Brace we are giving away.

We are returning with the 4th Annual Pit Bike Classic under new permanent lighting and track Saturday night. The classes will be as follows:
• Team Race – up to 4 riders per team
• Run Whatcha’ Brung
• 30 +
• 40 +
• 14 and under
Laydown type 4 stroke engines only, no 2 strokes or upright engines. All classes will have a $10 entry fee per rider. All awards will be in CASH, no trophies this year. Minimum award amounts per class will be posted in advance of the start.

We are working on Sponsorship for the Junior and Pit Bike Classic races that will be announced when completed.

Onsite Entry for the Junior Enduro and Pit Bike Classic will at the SERMA building. All National Enduro entry packets will be at the new 40 foot NEPG trailer.

Parking – As always, Free primitive camping is available at the club property and we will have use of the extra field beside the club property again this year. The land owner has graciously allowed us to use the property and his requirement is that we have no pit riding or campfires. This is a working hay field so please be respectful. Last year we had problems with fires and riders tearing the field up. Please respect the land owner’s wishes and if caught, you may be asked to leave the premises. You can ride your bike to the start, but do not use the field as a warm up area. Please leave the ATV’s and pit riding bikes at home, due to the number of people attending we are asking that there be no Pit Riding. Gates will open Thursday afternoon and possibly Thursday morning with more on that posted later.

The course was reworked with a SWECO after last years race and has not been ridden since. The trail has healed nicely plus we have some new areas and trail. Expect the sections to be shorter but no less intense. We are prepping the course as we speak, I’ll have more on the course but expect another tough but fun race.

Electronic scoring will be used again and scored by the NEPG. At this time, there is no plan to post a route sheet in advance of the race per NEPG guidelines.

I will post a Concessions menu once it has been finalized. Expect some new items.

A 50/50 raffle will be held with the drawing at the Sunday Trophy and Awards presentation.

We are trying to put together a vendor’s row for the weekend. We already have several manufacturers committed, if you know of someone that wants to participate please have them contact me at 803-240-1480.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Re: Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series

Post  jmccoy41 Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:19 pm

The question below was asked on another site, so I would like to clarify it here.

Any other way to pre-enter if I don't have paypal?

Yes there is. You DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT to enter online. Once you enter, I will then send you an invoice from Paypal. Once you receive that invoice, you will be able to pay, via credit card, even if you do not have an account. Just the invoice to you and the payment to me (for SERMA) will come from Paypal.

I would also like to note that I am getting the entries in on a regular basis, and I am getting them together, based on the postmark date, or the Paypal payment date. The earlier you get it in, the better the row choice...not to mention the shot to win the Leatt brace!

I hope to be able to post the current row information by the end of the week.

For more information, visit our club website at www.sermaclub.com.

Johnny McCoy
SERMA Information Officer/Webmaster in training

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Current Row Information is now posted

Post  jmccoy41 Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 pm

The row information as if November 26, 2008 is now posted on our website.
Serma Row Information

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Rows are filling in nicely

Post  jmccoy41 Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:56 pm

First of all, thank you to all of those that have entered the Sumter National Enduro. We are excited to ba able to host such a prestigious event, and we llok forward to another great time this year.

Now on to business. I am going to ask, one more time, that if you are entering and want to ride with someone or a specific group, PLEASE send everyone's entry in together. If entering online, list each rider's name in the comment box. I have several piles of entries that are losing prime spots because I am trying to meet your requests and let you ride with your buddy. The longer I hold your entry waiting for your buddy to get his in, the further back you are going to be.

We are well over 150 entries right now, so if you do the math with 5 riders per row, rows 1-20 are gone, and there are very few within the 20-30 range.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Cutoff looms large at Round 1

Post  jmccoy41 Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Thank you to all of those that have entered Round 1 of the 2009 AMA Rekluse National Enduro Series. Congratulations to Arty Spencer of Lilburn, Ga for the lucky one of the 439 entered on December 15. Arty is now the proud owner of a brand new Leatt brace courtesy of SERMA and Extreme Sports Yamaha of Sumter, SC.

We are over the 500 mark for pre-enries and they are still coming in. We anticipate reaching our 600 rider mandated cutoff within the next week or two. With that in mind, if you have not entered, please do so quickly. When the 600 rider limit is met, any entries received afterwards will be rejected.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Only 54 spots left

Post  jmccoy41 Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:32 pm

We only have 54 spots left for Round 1 of the 2009 AMA / Rekluse National Enduro Championship Series. If you have not entered, you need to do so as soon as you can, or you will risk haveing your entry returned due to the ridier cutoff limit of 600.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Rider Cuttoff Limit

Post  jmccoy41 Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:10 pm

The Sumter Enduro Riders thanks all of you that sent in your entry to Round 1 of the 2009 AMA Rekluse National Enduro to be held January 25. We have reached (and actually surpassed) our 600 rider limit. In an agreement with the Forestry Commission and the NEPG, we will contiunue to accept entries postmarked no later than today, January 5. Any entry postmarked beyond that date will be rejected. Also, the online entry process has been closed.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty It is race week! Are you ready?

Post  jmccoy41 Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

I have added a good bit of information about this weekend's event on our website. You can now see the welcome letter, the section mileage details, gas mileage details, cutoff details, the entire weekend schedule, the kitchen menu and more. The main site is www.sermaclub.com and the above info is posted at www.sermaclub.com/documents.html.

jmccoy41

Back to top Go down

Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series Empty Re: Round 1 of the 2009 National Enduro Series

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down